Postgraduate Online Writing Clinic
This is a forum which gives postgraduate students (from all faculties) the chance to ask questions about any aspect of academic writing.
University-wide Online Writing Clinic
The live writing clinic is an online, cross-faculty resource for postgraduate students at the University of Manchester. It is a ‘drop in’ facility which allows you to ask any questions you might have regarding academic writing.
It also serves as an adjunct to the faculty-specific online Blackboard writing courses. However, you do not have to have seen the Blackboard materials to make use of the clinic.
If you have used the Blackboard materials this clinic allows you to ask questions that you may have regarding the online writing tutorials and tests that you have been looking at in the Blackboard academic writing programmes provided by each faculty.
The first few minutes of each clinic will be a brief review of the main points of one topic from the Blackboard materials. The clinic will then be open for questions. Questions may be on any topic related to academic writing.
To access the on-line clinic, follow the link below on the dates and times specified: http://breeze1.manchester.ac.uk/alp/
Enter as ‘guest’. Type in your name and please include your Faculty in brackets e.g. John (Humanities). Please note: you will need headphones to listen to the clinic.
The first clinic for semester 1 will take place between 12.30 – 1.30pm on Wednesday 14th October. There will be a clinic each Wednesday until Wednesday 9th December.
Please be aware of the following:
• Questions will be answered in the order that they are posted.
• The clinic will end at 1.30pm. Questions will be accepted up to 1.25pm.
• This is a University-wide resource and so the guidance and feedback given will be generic and not subject/School specific. If you have any subject specific questions (e.g. regarding formatting of your thesis), you should speak to your supervisor/mentor or to some other relevant person within your subject field.
• The clinics are not provided as an alternative to the on-line course or In-sessional classes, but as a complement to them.
• This is not an online proofreading service.