There are some places left on the following forthcoming courses:
- PowerPoint Level 1 Training – 22/04/2010 – an opportunity to learn how to use Microsoft PowerPoint more effectively.
- Introduction to Presentation Skills – 26/04/2010 – this is an introductory course designed for PGRs who are new to presenting.
- Voice Projection – 28/04/2010 – The course will include the physical process of creating sound, exercises to help improve your vocal projection, and how to adapt a piece of writing for oral presentation. You will see an improvement over the course of four hours, and there will also be exercises to take away and practice.
- Peer Review Workshop – 28/04/2010 – This workshop is aimed at PhD students interested in understanding the process of peer review and improving their skills in the critical reading of papers – both those submitted for review and their own work. Peer review, a largely hidden and anonymous process, is made more transparent by a mix of lectures, practical exercises, discussion and tutor feedback. Delegates undertaking this programme will increase their knowledge of the peer review process, improve their critical reading skills and their ability to provide constructive feedback to authors and colleagues. Lunch will be provided.
- Designing Research Questionnaires – 30/04/2010 – This workshop provides a practical introduction to designing research questionnaires. The topics covered include sampling for questionnaires, when to use them, the pros and cons of using questionnaires for research purposes and basic questionnaire design. The workshop will include some practical exercises about designing questionnaires, as well as addressing the issues involved in the analysis of the results from questionnaires. It will also give participants access to several examples of questionnaires and an understanding of the correct format to use for each discipline.
To sign up please visit the training calendar.