On behalf of the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, UK and the Ministry of Science and Technology, India, British Council-India and the Department of Science and Technology, India are
pleased to invite applications for funding to support short-term PhD placements between UK and Indian institutions.
The programme will sponsor UK and Indian PhD students to spend a period of their study (3 to 6 months) in Indian and UK higher education institutions taking place between March 2015 and March 2016.
The Programme is envisaged to:
1) Develop individual capacity through international training and development opportunities.
2) Increase the number of highly trained researchers in the UK and India with international experience, able to contribute to the absorptive capacity for research and innovation and thus bring about economic and social benefits.
3) Build cultural understanding, and foster long-term sustainable research collaborations.
4) Develop international joint training pathways.
5) Increase awareness of the research strengths of the UK and India.
Full information on the programme and guidelines on application process and application form is available on the British Council India website– http://www.britishcouncil.in/newton-bhabha-phd-placements-programme. You can also refer to attached document for more!
Last date for applications is 15 January 2014.