MICRA Ph.D student conference in association with Age UK and The Social and Behavioural Science section of the International Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology-European Region Thursday 14 May 2015
- Conference 9.45am – 4pm, Registration from 9.15am
- Nowgen Centre, 29 Grafton Street, Manchester, M13 9WU
MICRA is set to hold its annual PhD Conference on 14 May 2015.
This conference is open to all PhD students with an interest in research within the field of ageing from any discipline (eg sociology, nursing, economics, engineering, psychology, medicine, life sciences, computer science, arts, languages etc). The conference will provide an opportunity for doctoral researchers to hear presentations on the future of research into ageing in Europe and to discuss their own work with fellow students and academics. A poster competition will also be a feature of the day.
Speakers will include:
- Professor Carol Jagger (University of Newcastle)
- Professor Chris Phillipson (University of Manchester)
- Professor Dominique Verté (VUB Brussels, Belgium)
- Dr Neil Pendleton (University of Manchester)