Postgraduate Researchers at North West Universities are invited to join us at SPARC!
The Salford Postgraduate Annual Research Conference (SPARC) is taking place on the 14 – 15 June at our MediaCity campus on Salford Quays.
The theme of this year’s multi disciplinary conference is ‘Researchers as Agents of Change’.
The full programme and the link to register is available here:http://www.pg.salford.ac.uk/sparc_conference
Audience members will have the chance to:
- Experience a conference (for FREE!)
- Network with other PGRs in the region
- Join the discussions around student presentations: almost 140 Salford PhD students are presenting their work as posters, pecha kuchas, demonstrations and performances
- Watch the Salford final of the Three Minute Thesis competition
- Help choose the winning poster in the poster competition
Tuesday 14 June: Professor Phil Brown will be opening the conference. The Director of the Salford Housing and Urban Studies Unit, Phil has led research on the impact of policy in a variety of areas, including migration, homelessness, Roma inclusion and fuel poverty.
Wednesday 15 June: Professor Simon Chadwick, ‘Class of ‘92’ professor in Sports Enterprise, will be speaking on: “If I’m not Brian Cox, then who am I? What it means to be an academic in the 21st century”
If you would like to join us, please sign up by Thursday 9 June to help us plan catering. We hope to see you there https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sparc-2016-tickets-25020074717?utm_term=eventurl_text