Are you a PhD student or Postdoc looking for meaningful, paid teaching experience?
Through working as a tutor with The Brilliant Club, you will:
- Develop teaching experience and other employability skills
- Receive high-quality training in teaching pedagogy
- Enhance your knowledge of the UK education system
- Disseminate your research to a unique, non-expert audience
- Join a community of like-minded researchers across the UK
- Have the choice of how many placements you’d like to take part in, getting paid £500 per placement
What is The Brilliant Club?
Only 1 in 50 of the most disadvantaged quintile of 18 year olds progress to a highly-selective university. Over the last five years, The Brilliant Club has worked to increase this number by recruiting, training and placing over 1000 researchers across the UK to deliver programmes of university-style teaching to small groups of high-performing pupils from underrepresented communities.
There is now the opportunity for you to join this growing community of like-minded researchers and become a Scholars Programme tutor in 2018-19, supporting pupils to develop the academic skills, knowledge and confidence needed to progress to highly-selective universities.
The Brilliant Club will be holding an Information Event at The University of Manchester in the Samuel Alexander Building, room A204, on Thursday 5th April at 12pm. Please come along if you would like to find out more about becoming a Scholars Programme tutor.
To find out more about the tutoring opportunity and to watch a short video of tutors speaking about their experience, please visit www.thebrilliantclub.org/the-brilliant-club-for-researchers/get-involved/ To apply, please complete the application form found at the bottom of this website page.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to email The Brilliant Club at firstname.lastname@example.org