Call: PGR Exchange Opportunities with Indiana University, the University of Copenhagen and the National University of Singapore
We are pleased to announce the launch of PGR student exchange opportunities for Indiana University and the University of Copenhagen. These schemes are available to PGR students, both funded and non- funded, who are studying in the Faculty of Humanities. These exchanges offer our research students an excellent opportunity to visit another institution, access research resources and experience the academic culture and professional networks of another institution/country.
To support PGRs in taking part in these exchanges, the Faculty is offering financial support to contribute to the associated costs. Successful applicants will receive up to £3,000 towards travel expenses, accommodation, subsistence, educational materials and/or other education-related costs for anything from two weeks to a maximum duration of a three-month visit. The total value of the award will depend on the duration and location of the exchange, and will be made at the discretion of the Faculty.
Current opportunities include:
- Indiana University: College of Arts and Sciences
- University of Copenhagen: Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Humanities
- National University of Singapore: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for this fund, you must:
- be a current registered postgraduate researcher at the Faculty of Humanities;
- have successfully passed your first-year annual review by the time the placement/exchange/visit takes place;
- not be in the last three months of your final year of study or be in your SPP year;
- have the full support of your supervisor;
- be on course to complete your PhD within your original submission deadline.
How to apply
Applicants should first research the opportunities available to you at the partner institution, including the potential scholar(s) with whom you would like to work.
You should discuss the exchange with your main supervisor. Applicants are also encouraged to informally discuss their application with the institutional contact at the partner institution. Contacts are given below.
Applicants need to submit a completed and signed application form, along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae, to the Faculty PGR Office: Humanitiesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Framework document
- Application form
Applications will be reviewed by the Associate Dean for PGR, Associate Dean for Internationalisation and the host institution.
The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday 30 November 2018.
For more information, and guidance please see the Faculty website: http://www.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/research/postgraduate-research/collaboration/ where you can download an application form and guidance notes (Exchange Document)